Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New to Film making

  1. #1
    darkblade
    Guest darkblade's Avatar

    Post

    I am new to this and am trying to start making shorts. I was looking at mini dv but would like to try film as well. Going by cost super 8 would be better. I noticed that you cant do sound on super 8. How do I do dialogue soundtrack etc. Is it hard. if so is it easier to just go with mini dv. Oh what equipment will I need. Camera lens projector, editor etc is there anything else.

    Many thanks to anyone who can spare a couple of minutes for me.

    Lee

    ------------------

  2. #2
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    for a quick read on sync sound read here: http://members.aol.com/fmgp for more detailed info read here: The Filmmakers Hanbook a Comprehensive Guide for the Digital Age by S.Ascher & E.Pincus published by Plume

    ------------------

  3. #3
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    by the way, when you finish reading The Filmmakers Handbook, read it again...

    ------------------

  4. #4
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    I agree, The Filmakers Handbook is a great reference, very nice to have.

    As for soundstriping film, some people do this, but the majority record their sound seperately, have their film transfered to video and edit on a computer and add their sound there. Then output to video.

    Good luck,
    Scott

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •